At Mona Precast (Anglesey Ltd), we are fully committed to achieving a high standard of environmental manufacturing processes, efficient transport management and the protection of the local environment.
Mona Precast strives to use a very high proportion of locally sourced recycled materials in its production of concrete products. Our world-class manufacturing facility is also extremely energy efficient, significantly reducing our CO2 emissions. All aggregates used in the manufacturing of our standard house building products are 80% recycled materials and the remaining 20% are a by- product.
Mona Precast concrete products are perfect for constructing modern, energy-efficient buildings fit for the 21st century. Our quality products have a long life and require no maintenance. Concrete structures are easily modified to fit changing demand, are not adversely affected by floodwater, and have excellent fire-resistant properties.
Studies show that conventional masonry homes that take advantage of inherent thermal mass save a significant amount of energy over their lifetime compared to lightweight timber-framed housing.
Mona Precast products can be used to construct buildings with a high thermal mass, and are compliant with the Code for Sustainable Homes
Our Manufacturing Process
All products are manufactured on our single site on the Isle of Anglesey at our world class manufacturing facility. Our local and highly skilled workforce are focused on producing and delivering the highest quality concrete products safely, efficiently and economically. For example, we ensure passive use of recirculated warm air unique to our manufacturing processes, thus resulting in zero energy being used to cure our products. We also focus on limiting the use of packaging materials, other than for minimal strapping for transportation purposes.
We ensure a focus throughout our manufacturing process on safety and sustainability in order to create products to build homes for the future.
For over 60 years, Mona Precast has employed local HGV drivers. All deliveries are loaded and dispatched from our single site on the Isle of Anglesey. Our fleet is continually monitored and maintained locally, thus ensuring maximum efficiency for all deliveries. Deliveries are scheduled to achieve high fuel efficiency through the limiting of unnecessary journeys and carefully planning each route, both locally and nationally.
All lorries are fitted with EURO V or EURO VI engines, achieving highly economical and clean performance, thus improving their impact on the environment.